European Patent Attorney
+49 211 99 689 -0
- Patents and Utility Models
- Drafting patent applications
- Supporting patent grant and opposition proceedings before the German and European Patent Offices
- Conducting prior art searches
- Conducting searches for conflicting patents and utility models and assisting FTO opinions
- Monitoring relevant pending patent applications and their examination procedures
- Conducting trademark and design searches
- Drafting trademark and design applications for German, European or international protection
- Supervising international intellectual property portfolios
- Diploma in Chemistry (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
Training for a European Patent, Trademark and Design Attorney
Dipl.-Chem. Eleni Glachtsiou handles domestic and foreign Patent matters in the fields of Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Material sciences and Food products. In addition, her practice areas include Trademark and Design matters. Eleni conducts client’s needs oriented searches for prior art and for conflicting IP rights including patents, utility models, trademarks and designs.
“What excites me about my work in intellectual property law is constantly getting to know new technical issues and dealing with them in such a way that in the end the best possible solution is found for the client.“
Dipl.-Chem. Eleni Glachtsiou studied chemistry with emphasis on industrial organic chemistry and food chemistry at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece.
In 1999, she graduated with a degree in chemistry and a thesis in the field of natural products chemistry.
After graduation, she started working in the industry in the field of chemical processing of textiles.
Thereafter, she worked in the research and development department of an international chemical company.
The main focus of Eleni’s work is the preparation of national European and international patent applications, the supervision of the examination proceedings, and the support in opposition proceedings before the German and the European Patent Office.
Another focus is the conduction of prior art searches or searches for conflicting patents and utility models as well as searches in trademark and design matters.
She enriches our firm with her industry experience in research and development as well as her skills in dealing with different cultures.
Eleni joined GILLE HRABAL in 2017. In the year 2023 she was admitted as professional representative before the European Patent Office (European Patent Attorney).